Solar Control System
AquaSolar Control System By Hayward
The solar control system, offered by Enersol, is the smart, easy, efficient way to go solar. It can optimize the performance by only redirecting filtered water to the Enersol Pool Heaters when the sun’s energy is enough for effective heating.
Why you need a Solar Control System?
Solar pool heating is a smart investment. Yet, partially sunny or rainy days are a challenge. If you use a manual valve to divert the water to your Enersol Pool Heaters, you will need to close/open it every time temperature changes. Otherwise, you may be cooling your pool instead of heating it during a partially sunny day. It’s like using an air conditioner or furnace without a thermostat. With an auto control system, partially sunny or rainy days are no longer a problem.
Did you know that you are still able to draw heat from your roof with the Enersol Pool Heaters 3 or 4 hours after the sun has left? This is another reason to have a solar control system. This is something you wouldn’t be able to track without the roof sensor from the auto control system.
Feel confident! The solar control system will be doing the best possible job to maximize the solar energy available to heat your swimming pool.
During sunny hours
During overcast hours
How the Solar Control System works
Whenever the sun offers enough energy for effective heating during the day, the AquaSolar controller opens a motorized valve (3-way valve) and sends filtered water to your Enersol Pool Heaters.
The Enersol Pool Heaters are still able to draw heat from the roof after the sun has left the heaters. Thus, the solar control system will continue diverting the water through the solar heaters, warming up your pool for longer hours.
If temperatures drop during the day or in the evening with not enough energy for effective heating, the system shuts the motorized valve (3-way valve) to prevent cooling your pool. Whether to turn the system on or off is all decided by the controller.
Set the thermostat and the AquaSolar controller will monitor for effective heating!
Other Solar Control System benefits
- Automatically maximizes solar heat collection by actuating a 24V valve when there is solar heat available
- LED indicators show status of system operations
- Automatic switching (selectable) from solar pool heating to nocturnal pool cooling
- Single-setting adjustment for desired pool/spa temperature
- Recirculation freeze protection
- Installer-programmable features for any-system adaptability
- Quick, accurate, easy-to-set desired temperature controls
- Easy to read, understand and operate
What is included in the AquaSolar Control System By Hayward
The Solar Control System contains:
- 1pc – Hayward AquaSolar controller
- 1pc – 3-way valve (1-1/2″ and 2″ ports compatible)
- 1pc – 180 deg. rotation 24 VAC actuator
- 1pc – Roof sensor
- 1pc – water sensor with hose clamp
- 4pc – wire connectors
In addition to the items included in the standard system, you will need the following to aid in the installation:
- 1 – Power cord with plug (9ft. long)
- Sensor wire to connect to the roof sensor (25 m. / 80 ft.)
Buy online at www.solarthermal.com – ASC-GLC-1PA