Solar Control System
SolarTouch® Solar Control System By Pentair
The solar control system, offered by Enersol, is the smart, easy, efficient way to go solar. It can optimize the performance by only redirecting filtered water to the Enersol Pool Heaters when the sun’s energy is enough for effective heating.
Why you need a Solar Control System?
Solar pool heating is a smart investment. Yet, partially sunny or rainy days are a challenge. If you use a manual valve to divert the water to your Enersol Pool Heaters, you will need to close/open it every time temperature changes. Otherwise, you may be cooling your pool instead of heating it during a partially sunny day. It’s like using an air conditioner or furnace without a thermostat. With an auto control system, partially sunny or rainy days are no longer a problem.
Did you know that you are still able to draw heat from your roof with the Enersol Pool Heaters 3 or 4 hours after the sun has left? This is another reason to have a solar control system. This is something you wouldn’t be able to track without the roof sensor from the auto control system.
Feel confident! The solar control system will be doing the best possible job to maximize the solar energy available to heat your swimming pool.
During sunny hours
During overcast hours
How the Solar Control System works
Whenever the sun offers enough energy for effective heating during the day, the SolarTouch® controller opens a motorized valve (3-way valve) and sends filtered water to your Enersol Pool Heaters.
The Enersol Pool Heaters are still able to draw heat from the roof after the sun has left the heaters. Thus, the solar control system will continue diverting the water through the solar heaters, warming up your pool for longer hours.
If temperatures drop during the day or in the evening with not enough energy for effective heating, the system shuts the motorized valve (3-way valve) to prevent cooling your pool. Whether to turn the system on or off is all decided by the controller.
Set the digital thermostat and the SolarTouch® controller will monitor for effective heating!
Other Solar Control System benefits
- Power Center/Control Panel lets you set your pool temperature and solar temperature differentials with the touch of a button
- LCD display gives sharp, clear readings of water and solar collector temperatures
- It gives you the precision and reliability of full digital control
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) seal and rugged motorized actuator deliver years of maintenance-free operation
- LED indicator lights confirm that the SolarTouch® controller is working. Service indicator LED light indicates when attention is needed
- It can even be programmed to cool the pool if it gets warmer than the maximum set temperature; this is rarely a problem in northern states and Canada but it is in the southern US, Mexico and Central America
What is included in the SolarTouch® Solar Control System By Pentair
The Solar Control System contains:
- 1pc – Pentair SolarTouch® controller
- 1pc – 3-way valve (2in. ports without check valve)
- 1pc – Pentair Compool 180 deg. rotation 24VAC actuator
- 1pc – Roof sensor
- 1pc – Water sensor
In addition to the items included in the standard system, you will need the following to aid in the installation:
- 1 – Power cord with plug (9ft. long)
- 3 – 2″ to 1.5″ PVC reducer bushings, schedule 40 (for systems with 1.5″ plumbing)
- Sensor wire to connect to the roof sensor (25 m. / 80 ft.)
- 2 – 3M Wire Connectors (suitable for outdoors)
Buy online at www.solarthermal.com – ASC-PST-2000