About Solar Heating
You can significantly reduce swimming pool heating costs by installing a solar pool heater. They’re more cost effective than both gas and heat pump pool heaters, and they have very low annual operating costs. In fact, solar pool heating is the most cost-effective way to heat your pool. And it really works!
Pool water is pumped through the filter and then through the solar panel, where it is heated by the sun before it is returned to the pool.
Solar will Change the Way You Use your Pool
No more worrying about high costs to pre-heat your pool with gas before company comes over. No more waiting until the weather is hot before your pool is at a comfortable temperature. Solar heating will warm your pool up earlier in the springtime, keep it warmer longer in the fall and perfectly warm all summer long!
- Extend your swimming season! Open earlier in the spring and keep swimming later in the fall
- You can even automate the system to keep your pool at the exact temperature you want.
- Inexpensive to run and environmentally friendly. Use your existing pump and free solar heat.
Automation and Ease of Use
The Enersol Pool Heater system is simple to use and virtually maintenance free. Using an optional automation controller, you can be sure that your pool is set to the perfect temperature at all times.
- The Automated Controller is set with the touch of a button, and monitors the temperature of the pool water and solar panels.
- The Controller will maximize the solar energy available to heat your swimming pool. Ensuring you get the most heating possible.
- Keep your pool at the perfect temperature all the time! No preheating, no waiting!
- Learn More
Solar Vs Conventional Heating
Solar vs Natural Gas
Natural gas pool heaters have been around for many years, and have been the standard for pool heating. However as with any finite resource the cost of natural gas is only going to continue to rise and as climate change and greenhouse gases become a greater concern, many people are looking for a better alternative.
While a gas heater can bring the temperature up very quickly and maintain it there, it does so at a high cost. A solar system adds a few degrees of heat per day until the pool reaches its desired temperature, which, by the way, is usually much higher than you would ever go with natural gas or a heat pump.
Solar vs Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are touted as costing less to operate than gas heaters. This may be true depending upon natural gas and electricity rates in your area. With the higher cost of installation and the slower nature of a heat pump, they don’t have the speed of natural gas or the FREE HEAT of solar.
Solar on the other hand only adds nothing to the cost of electricity that is already in use to filter the pool water to circulate the water through the panels. Solar systems last much longer than either a gas heater or heat pump. Solar pool heating systems are the most cost effective and environmentally friendly option in the pool heating industry.